Tuesday, October 4, 2011

God's Provision

Listening: to Daniel play the same song clip on repeat over and over as he makes a video for class...
Drinking: nothing... but I'd like something..

These past few weeks, God has really been teaching me first hand, how He is in control of everything.  Every time I look around at this beautiful house that God provided for Daniel and I, I'm reminded of how blessed I am.  I don't deserve all that God has done for us.  Especially with this potential job opportunity for Daniel fleshing out.

As hard as this semester is, I'm completely awestruck with the might of our Lord.

While reading for class, the author touched on how it's a lot better to go through trials in this life than to live a comfortable and easy life.  Of course, looking back on my past, I'm confronted with trial upon trial.  And not just trivial things, but life altering ones, the ones that bring you to your knees, the ones that make you want to stop living...  The very trials that brought me to the place I am in now.  It's by no means perfect, but the improvements are unbelievable.  I never once, in my life, dreamt I would be living in a house as nice as this... I couldn't even conceive a thought like that.  But here I am, in a HOME... I'm SAFE.  Safety is a word that was far from me throughout my childhood...

And it's hard sometimes to work through those hurts, to confront those memories in the name of Christ.  And to overcome the hurts so that I can be a better wife and a better friend.

But God is good..  He is SO good to me.  And He is changing me.  Slowly, but surely.

Now, off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment