Friday, July 8, 2011

Who is in control?

Drinking: Nothing...  Thirsty
Listening to: Episode of Numbers playing in the background.

Too often I see Christians trying to work things out on their own while still saying they know God is in control.  If God really is in control, why do we need to meddle?

"Could you love this bastard child?  Though, I don't trust you to provide.  With one hand in a pot of gold and the other in your side."

We say we trust Him but then we seek our solace elsewhere.  Well, guess what?  I trust God.  I trust that He is going to take care of me no matter what.  He knows what I can handle.  He knows what Daniel and I can handle.  He knows where we will be in 2 years.  He knows how upset I have been lately, how flustered, how tired, how alone.  But He knows I can handle it.  He loves me.  And I am not going to doubt His will or His knowledge.  My friend today reminded me that I don't need the encouragement of others.  As nice as it is, it is not necessary.

I'm going to take her advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment